Eggnog is a tasty holiday treat, but there are really only so many ways to enjoy it in a glass. If you have extra eggnog after the holidays try these inventive ways to use it up.
- Nog-leys: Baileys + Eggnog = Nogleys. Because what’s better than one creamy velvety texture? Two! I can’t take any credit for this one, as I was introduced to it by a savvy lady boss. But I can tall you that’s it’s delicious and if you’re not careful it can sneak up on you!
- Eggnog Ice Cubes: Eggnog in your coffee is nothing new (but if you’re looking to up your coffee game this holiday season, check out 5 Fancy Coffees to Try on Your Day Off.) Freeze some eggnog in an ice cube tray and pop these is a homemade iced coffee for extra holiday flavour.
- Eggnog Chai Smoothie Like a regular smoothie with banana and ice, but with more pizazz!
- Eggnog Breakfast: Try using eggnog instead of milk in your favourite pancake or waffle recipe.
- Eggnog White Russian (aka Caucasian) or Paralyzer: 1/2 oz Vodka (or any alcohol really), 1/2 oz Kahlua (or other coffee liqueur) and eggnog. For a paralyzer, add a dash of cola. It’s close to the original but the extra zip of the eggnog kind of makes it taste like an eggnog float!
If you’re feeling really adventurous try an eggnog cheesecake!