Morning Show host, Travis Stewart, from our sister station, Peggy @ 99.1 has a bbq pork sandwich recipe that kicks ass.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- Cooking spray
- Hamburger buns
- 2 cups prepackaged cole slaw vegetable mix
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Spray a grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
2. Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Save 1/4 ketchup mixture, set asside.
3. Add pork to remaining ketchup mixture, turning to coat pork.
4. Place pork on a grill pan and cook for 7 minutes. Turn pork over and cook for another 8 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest portion registers 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Remove pork from the grill and let stand about 5 minutes.
6. Cut pork diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
7. While pork cooks, combine cabbage and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and toss. Let stand for 10 minutes then drain.
8. Place one bottom bun half on each of 4 plates the divide sliced pork evenly among buns.
9. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon of the reserved sauce and about 1/2 cup of cole slaw. Place top halves of buns on sandwiches.