What goes good with a Winnipeg summer barbecue? Alcohol! Here are Meredith’s tried and true barbecue-complimenting cocktails.
Summer and Sangria just go hand in hand, really. Now I KNOW there are some complicated sangria recipes with liquor in there and freshly chopped fruit and if that’s what you’re looking for – you have me mistaken with Martha Stewart. This is MY sangria. Cheap and easy.
1. Buy a $9 bottle of wine.
2. Buy a 2L of Club Soda.
3. Buy some no name frozen berry mix. This is great because it combines both the ice and fruit together. Plus, you don’t have to wash it or chop it up.
4. Put all ingredients into a large bowl.
5. Drink it!
Margarita’s just scream “VACATION” when you see them. Knock enough of these bad boys back, and you’ll FEEL like you’re on vacation even though Jerry from accounting keeps calling you about some error on those forms he’s supposed to take care.
1. Buy a bottle of cheap tequila.
2. Buy a lime slurpee from 7-Eleven.
3. Pour the tequila into the slurpee.
4. Drink it!
What can I say? You just can’t mess with a cold beer on a hot Winnipeg summer day.
1. Buy some beer
2. Drink it!