Fans heading to the Blue Bombers home opener this Friday, July 7, against the Calgary Stampeders will note three new major improvements to the parking and transportation plan at Investors Group Field.
“We’re confident these improvements will get fans out of stadium lots in a much faster and smoother manner,” said President & CEO, Wade Miller. “If fans parked on campus don’t find their drive home quicker than before, we’ll give them two free tickets to the July 13th game.”
The trio of improvements include:
1. NEW STADIUM STATION BUS TERMINALwhich will accommodate the 200+ busses that previously lined the streets around the stadium. Beginning Friday, all Transit and Park & Ride users will arrive and depart through this dedicated bus terminal (just outside Gates 3 and 4), exiting directly onto Pembina Highway.
2. BUS-FREE STREETSmean a faster exit from the more than 1,000 cash parking spots available on campus. As well, traffic lights at Pembina Highway and Chancellor Matheson have been adjusted to remain green nearly four times longer and with no right turns onto Pembina to ensure easy driving out of Investors Group Field after the game.
Starting at $10 in value lots, fans can pay cash for parking on game days or pre-purchase passes online through Ticketmaster, at the Bomber Store ticket office, or by calling 204-784-7448.
Of note: The soccer lot is no longer cash parking. It is now reserved for fans that have pre-purchased a green seasonal parking pass.
3. FREE BOMBER BAR NETWORK SHUTTLEdeparting from Gate 2 for fans looking to keep the party going after the game. Busses will leave once full or no later than 20 minutes after the game. Hop on one of the five different routes heading to Earls St. Vital, Boston Pizza Kenaston, The Pint downtown, Canadian Brewhouse, or Confusion Corner Bar & Grill.
“We believe removal of busses from the streets around the stadium is a real game-changer that will help get fans off campus much more quickly than before,” said Miller. “With these improvements, we invite fans to give parking on campus a try.”
Given the amount of construction on Winnipeg streets around the stadium, fans are also encouraged to download the Waze app to receive real-time road and traffic information while traveling to and from Blue Bomber games.
Other elements of the parking and transportation plan include:
- Non-stop service to and from Investors Group Field, beginning 2 hours before kickoff.
- Last busses leave for the stadium 15 minutes prior to kickoff.
- Post-game: Park & Ride buses will load for departure at the new Stadium Station terminal outside of Gates 3 and 4.
- Cost per game: $5.00 per round-trip, which will be collected upon arrival at Investors Group Field.
Park & Ride passes for the full regular season are available at the Bomber Ticket Centre in the Bomber Store for $40 per person.
Park & Ride routes include:
Route 1 – McPhillips Station – 484 McPhillips St. with parking for up to 500 cars.
Route 2 – Club Regent – 1425 Regent Ave West with parking for up to 500 cars (note – space may be limited during construction).
Route 3 – Centre Scolaire Léo-Rémillard – 1095 St. Anne’s Rd with parking for up to 160 cars.
Route 4 – Manitoba Hydro – 820 Taylor Ave. with parking for up to 500 cars.
Route 5 – Assiniboia Downs with parking for up to 300 cars.
Route 6 – St. Norbert Hotel – 3540 Pembina Hwy with parking for up to 200 cars.
Route 7 – Southdale Red River Co-op Food Store – 77 Vermillion Road with parking for up to 200 cars.
- Fully secure and monitored bike storage for 800 bicycles on game days, located beside Gate 3.
- Unmonitored bike racks are also located around the stadium and campus for an additional 300 bikes.
- Regular Transit fares will apply on the ride to the game.
- The Running Back Shuttle will continue to run during pre-game only, with no charge to fans for this service. More information on this service can be found here.
- Details on Winnipeg Transit routes to Investors Group Field and schedule information can be found at winnipegtransit.com, or by calling 311.
For details on the special parking guarantee or to purchase tickets or parking passes, please visit bluebomers.com.