Alright Manitoba, get ready… Something we all love to do is bitch about the roads, which we have every right to do, and now it’s the time of year when we get to VOTE on the worst road(s).
CAA Manitoba is launching its annual worst roads campaign.
So basically you can pick a road in the city or province that you think has the most problems with:
- Traffic congestion
- Potholes/crumbling pavement
- Timing of traffic lights
- Pedestrian/cycling safety
- Poor road signs or road markings
Last year, more than 660 roads were nominated. And for the first time in the campaign’s history, highways in Carman, Brookdale, Goodlands, Boissevain and Gillam bumped long-standing Winnipeg streets from the list. See! We’re not the WORST here in Winnipeg!
Voting opens this afternoon on CAA Manitoba’s website.
Here’s the top ten list of worst roads in 2016:
- Main Street South: Carman
- Manitoba 353: Brookdale
- Provincial Road 251: Goodlands
- Provincial Road 450: Boissevain
- Main Street North: Carman
- Ness Avenue: Winnipeg
- Liberty Street: Winnipeg
- Manitoba 280: Gillam
- Pembina Highway: Winnipeg
- St. James Street: Winnipeg