Do you think you’re as manly as your dad? Because the average ‘modern man’ says he’s not.
As it turns out, young men don’t know how to do what are considered simple ‘manly’ tasks. And no, I’m not getting sexist here. Of course a woman can do an oil change and anything a man can do. So let’s just relax.
Guys in their 20s and 60s were asked about different skills that stereo typically, a man SHOULD be able to do.
Here’s the skills that are going extinct…
1. Shining your shoes. Older men are 38% more likely to know how to do that. This doesn’t seem very manly…
2. Fixing a leaky faucet, your dad is 35% more likely to have the ability to do so.
3. Changing the oil in your car, 19%.
4. Changing a diaper, 18%. This shouldn’t matter too much if you don’t have kids. but if you do, come on!
5. Filleting a fish, 15%.
6. Growing and maintaining a nice beard, 12%. This may not be your fault. This could ALL be genetics.
7. Throwing or hitting a curveball, 6%.
For all of you somewhat incapable men, don’t worry, there are TWO skills where you ahve the upper hand.
Young guys are 11% more likely to know how to cut their own hair and 2% (now we’re grasping) more likely to be able to make fire without matches, which is surprising…