There may be 2 or 3 people in this city who aren’t aware that the 2016 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic is this weekend. For the rest of us, we’re super excited to watch not only our heroes from the past, but also our future Winnipeg Jets stars in their throwback jerseys. Here are a few tips to get ready for this weekend, whether you’re actually attending this weekend’s games, hitting up a lounge or simply watching at home.
GOING TO THE GAME(S)____________
1. You’ll want to be sure to dress in your teams colours. If you’re looking to purchase a Heritage Classic jersey you can get a blank jersey for around $140 or a numbered jersey for around $180.
Royal Sports – Twitter.com/royalsportsme
River City Sports – RiverCitySports.com
Jets Gear Store – MTSCentre.ca/food-shop/jets-gear
2. When leaving for the game, your buddy will likely ask you “got the tickets?!!” about a dozen times. Make sure you’ve got the tickets. If you don’t already have tickets to either the Alumni game or the Heritage Classic, you can now purchase single game tickets instead of purchasing tickets for both games. For Saturday’s Alumni game, you can purchase 2 tickets in the 200’s at a price of about $210/ticket.
You can also purchase tickets for Sunday’s Heritage Classic game at around $370/ticket in the 200’s.
3. Once you get to IGF, you’re going to need a place to park. You can purchase parking passes through Ticketmaster or you can plan your route accordingly. Click here to view a map of available parking options.
GOING TO THE LOUNGE____________
1. Hit up your local Boston Pizza as they’ll have an “outdoor rink-load” of ways for fans to celebrate during the Heritage Classic weekend.
- Win PASS TO THE GLASS, P1 ice-level Winnipeg Jets tickets to an upcoming game
- Enjoy themed drinks such as the Golden Jet, Big Buff and Jet Captain
- Fans attending Sunday’s game, 2 medium pizzas and kids meals will be on special
- Win VIP tickets to an upcoming Manitoba Moose game
- Fans attending the games can book seats on the Heritage Express Shuttle leaving both the Kenaston and St. Vital location. Call 204-925-4111 to book seats
2. If you plan on watching the games at Shark Club you can celebrate the Heritage Classic with:
- $15 burger and beer. Any draught beer and either a shark burger, veg burger, chicken burger or beef dip
- Freebies such as: free apps, coupons and memorabilia
- Every time your table’s Jets player scores, there are treats from the whole table
- No cover charge
WATCHING AT HOME____________
1. Make sure you contact your TV service provider as early as you can, if you don’t already have the proper sports channel. DON’T WAIT TILL THE LAST MINUTE or you’ll be queued up with a thousand other procrastinators on game day!
4. On Saturday, Shoppers Drug Mart will have Coca-Cola and Pepsi 6-packs on sale at 2/$5.00
5. Sobeys will have Lay’s Potato Chips on sale 4 for $11.00