Every year Oxford blesses us with official new words by putting them in the dictionary. Here’s some of the best from this year:
1. Fuhgeddaboudit. Like Tony Soprano saying “forget about it.”
2. ‘Merica . . . meaning America but mostly used when making fun of America.
3. Bracketology. (March Madness)
5. Moobs . . . “man boobs.”
6. Non-apology. When you act like you’re apologizing, but aren’t…
7. Swirlie. Took a while to get this one in there.
8. YOLO. Which stands for “you only live once.” UGH.
9. Squee. Internet slang for when something’s cute. Ridiculous…
10. Kegerator. A fridge with a tap on the front, and a keg inside.