Well, it’s one of those weekends again. A weekend when you can put pretty much anything on your front curb and there’s a good chance someone will grab it.
Here are some rules you SHOULD follow for, as I like to call it, curb days.
Do not put out:
- Items that could be unsafe.
- Items infested with bed bugs (e.g., mattresses, furniture, bedding).
- Toilets with a flush volume of 13 litres or more.
The city also gives these ‘words of advice’ for everyone participating in curb days.
- Only take items that are marked “free.”
- Make sure the items you’re picking up are in good condition before you take them home.
- Do not walk or drive onto private yards, lawns or gardens.
- Don’t discard any items on private property.
- Obey the traffic laws at all times (e.g., don’t block traffic, park illegally or block driveways with your vehicle).
- Watch out for children.
Do these rules not just seem like everyday laws? I mean, they definitely apply to the giveaway weekend, but you should probably watch for children everyday…